Infant Daycare in Plano, TX
The infant care environment at Healthy Beginnings Montessori House in Plano is affectionately referred to as the Raspberry room or nido environment.
Like all of HBMH’s classrooms, the nido environment is rooted in the educational philosophy of Maria Montessori. In fact, the word nido comes from the Italian word “nest” and is meant to convey the warmth and security of a home.
"Human dignity is derived from independence."
Through the environment’s simplicity and order, our Raspberry room is safe, secure, stimulating, and most importantly full of love. The preparedness of the teachers allows students to learn at their own pace, using their senses to explore and discover the world around them.
"We should not look at newborn infants as small, helpless human beings, but as persons who are small in size, but with an immense mental capacity, and many physical abilities that cannot be witnessed unless the environment assists in the expression of life."
-Dr. Silvana Montanaro
- Age appropriate materials and aids that induce concentration, movement, language, and cognitive development.
- Open classroom absent of inhibiting items. We do not use playpens, bouncing seats, activity saucers, swings or walkers.
- Floor beds permit movement such as slithering from the first day – crucial to infant development.
- Gently touched and spoken to softly, as a whole individual, in an environment with a low baby-to-teacher ratio.
- Calmness is nurtured by following each baby’s natural rhythm of development.
- Trust is cultivated by understanding how your baby communicates information.
Our pre-kindergarten community represents order and beauty, and each classroom bears the distinguishing marks of students and teachers working to create an authentic Montessori environment.
Our toddler program comprises the Strawberry and Kiwi room, and to accommodate the needs of our families, we offer a number of scheduling options: school day, extended day, or all year Montessori.
The infant daycare environment in Plano, TX is affectionately referred to as the Raspberry room or nido environment. Designed with simplicity and order in mind, the room is safe, secure, stimulating, and most importantly full of love.